Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Classics

The sheer thickness of it looked daunting at first, especially with all the assignments that I've got to submit this week. But I started reading, and hoped to complete it during the holidays. It was a good book, and what caught my fancy were the initial pages of the book. I'm talking about Jane Eyre.
What I love about classics compared to popular fiction like a Sydney Sheldon, which one can zoom past, is that one needs to amble through a classic. I couldn't put down the book once I had started and put my 1st night out of this sem reading it!
Another book I highly recommend is Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. The way the character of Pip develops through the story is something, I'm sure we all can relate to-and thats where lies its appeal.

No comments: